PLEASE STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY

Chained Dogs

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pressure to Perform

I just wanted to comment on feeling the pressure to perform. For some reason, I always seem to flop when I a want to create a specific card, ATC, Scrapbook Layout, etc for someone. It is so frustrating because I have had all weekend to play and I really wanted to do a mail art piece but when I sit down to actually do it, I go blank. Yesterday I worked on a layout - just because I felt like doing one and it turned out really crappy. Normally, I would chalk this up to forcing myself to create but not this time; this time, I want to create cool stuff and I feel creative this weekend but for some reason, my projects are just not turning out cool. So, what do you do when this happens to you?

3 comments:

Cora said...

Thanks for putting a link to my blog Paperflowers on your blog. Your projects are wonderful. I loved the round box. I often feel the pressure to perform too. I think that is way I am forever changing my style and experimenting with new things.

Auntie Em said...

I had put myself in many areas of pressure during the past year and finally just started backing away from a lot of commitments. That was really killing my creativity. I am just now at a spot where I am feeling more like scrapping just for me.

Short term like you are feeling? I drag out a drawer and sort and reorganize it. Usually, that gets me going again. Or get up and go do something totally different for an hour, see if you are energized again.

Auntie Em said...

Oh and good to see you blogging by the way! Drop by and say hi.